Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share have partnered to distribute food to local families in need. Every first and third Thursday in the Sierra High School Saturday parking lot, we distribute over 20,000 pounds of food to between 150-300 families. We operate a drive-through style, to reduce risk of Covid-19 exposure, and to make a more efficient distribution. It is a fun and engaging way to help our community and we could not do this without your help!
- Unpacking produce and canned goods
- Prepackaging to-go bags for students that ride the bus/walk
- Setting up each food station and distributing to guests as they drive through
- Signing in guests
- Traffic control
Any time before each end date or when space runs out.
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
935 Positions Filled | 363 Impacts | 1,294 Hours